Here at Blue Skies, our business advisors have the important task of helping you to enjoy continued growth as a business or contract worker. In order to help you achieve this, there are some vital qualities and abilities that our advisors need to demonstrate in order to give you the best possible results. We believe that any advisor should display the same integral virtues in order to provide you with the best standards of service, so we thought we’d share our thoughts with you to help you assess the services that you receive from us, or any other professional that you may use.
The top 10 qualities and skills a business advisor should possess
Here is our list of the top 10 qualities that you should seek in a business advisor – and the characteristics that all of our media specialists here at Blue Skies demonstrate!
1. Listening skills – it’s impossible to offer good advice without first listening to your specific circumstances and personal objectives. Our accountants and business advisors are always happy to take the time to listen to your needs to ensure that we can offer you tailor-made advice and support.
2. Business and management skills – being successful means understanding how business works and the different functions and roles required of anyone in a managerial position. Our advisors are always extending their own personal knowledge in order to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the world of business so that we can help you to run yours like clockwork.
3. Looking at the bigger picture – when you’re involved in a business yourself it can sometimes be hard to see the woods for the trees; an advisor has the benefit of being able to step back and see the bigger picture, helping you to put things in perspective and also identifying problems and ideas that may not be so clear from close quarters.
4. Industry specific knowledge – as media specialists, our business advisors understand your industry and can therefore offer a more streamlined service that resonates with the environment in which you work; it’s always best to use someone who really knows and understands your sector.
5. Honesty – there’s no good getting advice if it’s not completely honest. It’s our job to tell you the truth, not to dress things up and manipulate facts just to give you the news that you want to hear.
6. A sounding board – our advisors are here to listen to your ideas and then provide honest feedback. This gives you a platform for venting your thoughts, formulating plans and getting a constructive opinion.
7. Rectifying mistakes – we can help you to rectify past mistakes or bad financial decisions, helping you to bring your business back in line and smooth over any problems that may have occurred.
8. Maximising income – our accountants and advisors can pinpoint areas that may be straining your finances and show you ways in which you can boost your income and improve your profits.
9. Growth support – we can help you with PAYE, National Insurance Contributions, VAT and anything else that may become relevant overtime.
10. Approachability – all of these things are all well and good, but you also need a business advisor who is friendly and approachable. While we recognise your business is serious business, we also ensure that we are easy to deal with too.
Call on us at any time
If we sound like the kind of business advisors you’d like to deal with, feel free to call on us any time at all – as media specialists, we’re always happy to hear from professionals across the TV and media industry.